Terms and Conditions of Booking Dove Cottage Fishing Lodge
1. If the cottage is available, it may be reserved provisionally for three days from initial enquiry. This allows time for receipt of the completed booking form and your deposit (which is 25% of the total price).
2. The balance of the price is due one month prior to holiday commencement; it is the guest’s responsibility to forward this in good time as no reminders will be issued.
3. Cancellations are not accepted and the full price will remain due. However, should it prove possible to re-let then a discretionary refund may be made. This will never be greater than 50% of the price.
4. The person signing the booking form is considered to be the contracting party and is responsible for the individuals or group actually occupying the cottage, including loss or damage to the cottage and/or it’s contents. A minimum charge of £5.00 will be made in respect of any reported loss or damage. A minimum charge of £50.00 will be made in respect of any unreported loss or damage.
5. Bookings are not transferable and sub-letting is not permissible.
6. Whilst we do our utmost to provide guests with an enjoyable and satisfactory holiday this cannot be guaranteed. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your holiday, without giving reasons. In this unlikely event compensation is limited to monies paid. .
7. Every effort is made to ensure that all amenities advertised are available but no liability can be accepted for any omissions.
8. The accommodation must be vacated by 10a.m. on the day of departure, and the equipment, furniture and premises handed over in as good a condition as they were when taken over. Any damage, loss or destruction shall be made good by the applicants who also undertake the preservation of tidiness & cleanliness of the goods and premises until handed over at the end of the booking.
9.The proprietors shall not be held responsible or liable for any loss or damage to valuables, personal property of any kind, motor vehicles, motor cycles etc or personal injury or death, direct or indirect, irrespective of how it was sustained, occasioned or caused to anyone of any age (including persons under 18 years) who is resident or invitee of the proprietors, whether caused by or resulting from any default, wilful act, negligence, omission, neglect or otherwise on the part of the proprietors, their servants or agents or any residents, guests or invitees.
10. Well behaved dogs are welcome at Dove Cottage at an extra charge of £20 per week each. Dogs are accepted on the basis that they are kept under control at all times, especially on the riverbank as livestock are present. We ask that dogs be kept off the furniture and out of the bedrooms. Dogs must not be left unattended in the cottage. There is a discretionary fee of £50 for any damage caused by dogs.
11. It should be noted by parents of small children that the river is in close proximity to the cottage and this should be taken into consideration when booking. There is a small enclosed side garden that is safe for children and dogs.
12.We regret that no smoking is permitted in the cottage, and if there is evidence to the contrary there will be a discretionary fee of £50 for any damage or cleaning that results from smoking.
13. The necessities provided in the cottage will include: tea, coffee, sugar, salt & pepper, sunflower & olive oil, herbs, washing-up liquid, cling film & silver foil, kitchen and bathroom cleaning materials. The proprietors reserve the right to alter these contents without prior notification.